I’ve seen numerous ways that people “dress up” candles and decided I would like to do something to my candles. This project was very inexpensive because I was able to use many items I already had. What I didn’t have was the brooches I used so I went to GoodWill to see what I could find. Here is what I found…
There is only one true brooch in the bunch (the others are earrings- hence that they are pairs).
So I didn’t find as many brooches as I would have liked so I made due with earrings. I knew I didn’t have to do anything to the brooch (it already had a pin in the back to place in the candle). I first lightly sprayed the earrings with a dusty coat of charcoal colored spray paint to give them the appearance of a pewter color.
After they had dried I wanted to add a little something so I found some red beads to hot glue on the earrings. Then I simply stuck the earrings and the brooch into the candles by using the backs of the earrings and the pin of the brooch (no glue required). I ended up using two of the same earrings because I just didn’t care for how the others looked on the candles.