I've been observing a couple or cork board customization lately around the world wide web and decided I wanted to do one of my own for our kitchen.
Besides the cork boards that were bought at Target (for about $4 total)- the other supplies (tape, paint brush, and acrylic paint) were found around my house. I started the project by gathering supplies and taping off the boards how I saw fight. I did not measure (obviously) I eyeballed the lines and taped them off with some Scotch paint tape.
After all my tape was secure I simply began painting. I removed the tape right away (before the paint was dry) to prevent bleeding. I allowed the paint to dry and then rounded up some Command strips to hang up my boards.
I am happy with the way it turned out and even Brendan approved so I'm pretty sure that's a win!
Check out where the inspiration for this board came from here.